As I mentioned in my Monthly Goals: March 2015 post, I am focusing on maintaining a healthier lifestyle.
(and I’m trying to get it right, get it tight for the summer)
…so I’ll be doing a 30 Day Abs Challenge.
I thought a great way to hold myself accountable and track my progress would be to provide updates on my blog. Also, if others are interested in participating in the challenge, this could be a nice way to create a community of supporters and learn how others are progressing through the challenge.
I currently have a mobile app, Coach.me (download on Google Play and Apple Store), that helps you develop new habits. You can search for whatever habit or goal you’re interested in and will provided with a plan to get you closer to making it a habit. There is also a great community of supporters through this app as people provide helpful suggestions and cheer you on for meeting your goals. Some of the goals I’m working on include going to the gym for 21 days, drinking more water, and becoming a better blogger. Another goal that was actually the inspiration for this post is a 30 Day Ab Workout. Here’s the challenge:
- Day 1: 15 sit ups, 5 crunches, 5 leg raises, 10 second plank
- Day 2: 20 sit ups, 8 crunches, 8 leg raises, 12 second plank
- Day 3: 25 sit ups, 10 crunches, 10 leg raises, 15 second plank
- Day 4: Rest Day
- Day 5: 35 sit ups, 15 crunches, 15 leg raises, 25 second plank
- Day 6: 30 sit ups, 12 crunches, 12 leg raises, 20 second plank
- Day 7: 40 sit ups, 20 crunches, 20 leg raises, 30 second plank
- Day 8: Rest Day
- Day 9: 45 sit ups, 30 crunches, 30 leg raises, 38 second plank
- Day 10: 50 sit ups, 50 crunches, 30 leg raises, 38 second plank
- Day 11: 55 sit ups, 65 crunches, 33 leg raises, 42 second plank
- Day 12: Rest Day
- Day 13: 60 sit ups, 75 crunches, 40 leg raises, 50 second plank
- Day 14: 65 sit ups, 85 crunches, 42 leg raises, 55 second plank
- Day 15: 70 sit ups, 95 crunches, 42 leg raises, 60 second plank
- Day 16: Rest Day
- Day 17: 75 sit ups, 100 crunches, 42 leg raises, 65 second plank
- Day 18: 80 sit ups, 110 crunches, 48 leg raises, 70 second plank
- Day 19: 85 sit ups, 120 crunches, 50 leg raises, 75 second plank
- Day 20: Rest Day
- Day 21: 90 sit ups, 130 crunches, 52 leg raises, 80 second plank
- Day 22: 95 sit ups, 140 crunches, 55 leg raises, 85 second plank
- Day 23: 100 sit ups, 150 crunches, 58 leg raises, 90 second plank
- Day 24: Rest Day
- Day 25: 105 sit ups, 160 crunches, 60 leg raises, 95 second plank
- Day 26: 110 sit ups, 170 crunches, 60 leg raises, 100 second plank
- Day 27: 115 sit ups, 180 crunches, 62 leg raises, 110 second plank
- Day 28: Rest Day
- Day 29: 120 sit ups, 190 crunches, 62 leg raises, 115 second plank
- Day 30: 125 sit ups, 200 crunches, 65 leg raises, 120 second plank
Looking at this list now is definitely intimidating but I already finished day 3 and it hasn’t been that bad. I think the key to getting through this will be taking pauses during the exercises for that day. I currently have a workout routine set so I’ll just be adding this to what I’m already doing. On Mondays and Wednesdays I go to the gym to lift weights for strength training and on Tuesdays and Thursdays I take a cardio dance class called U-Jam.
I have several mobile apps that I’ll be using to track my progress. In addition to the Coach.me app, I’ll be tracking my steps and calories burned throughout the day through my FitBit Charge and the synced mobile app.
Losing weight isn’t all about exercise. It is also influenced by your diet so I’ll also be tracking my calories through MyFitnessPal (download on Google Play and Apple Store) and making sure I drink plenty of water.
Every Monday I’ll be weighing myself to measure my weight and body fat percentage.
I’m very excited for this challenge and I’m really hoping to see results. Let me know in the comments below if you have tips to help you with losing weight and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. I’d also love to find out if you’re interested in participating in this challenge with me!
Thanks for reading!
KiaNaturally.com is a part of several affiliate programs. What does that mean? If you click links or make purchases from my blog, I may make commission. I won’t put anything on my blog that I wouldn’t use myself. All posts are original and all opinions are my own. This post is not sponsored.