I love baking!
I think that’s mostly because I have the biggest sweet tooth so making delicious baked goods just makes my heart and stomach happy.
I recently found myself with some blueberries and decided to try out a blueberry oatmeal cookie recipe. I adapted an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe and just swapped the chocolate chips for blueberries and came up with this yummy treat!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 36 minutes
What you’ll need:
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup blueberries
1. Beat butter or margarine, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy.
2. Add flour and salt, mix well.
3. Dissolve baking soda in boiling water and add to mixture. Stir in rolled oats and blueberries.
4. Drop by teaspoonful onto ungreased cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10-12 minutes until edges are golden brown.
5. Allow cookies to cool then enjoy these delightful treats! Makes 3 dozen (I was greedy and made larger cookie portions so I had less than 3 dozen)
Check out the original recipe that I modified here.