Confession Time: I’ve been involved in a serious love affair…with music. Seriously though, I love music! I almost always have a song in my head and it has this power to transfer me to a whole other place.
I thought I would share my love of listening to music here on the blog. So, I’m starting Must Listen Music Mondays, where I’ll be sharing some of my current music favorites and hopefully I can get some new faves from you all as well.
First, I wanted to feature a curated playlist that I’ve been contributing to along with Alvin Allure of soundoffebruary.com and Niven Quaye. The playlists are called So Close To Summer and you can find them all here. Be sure to check them out to find some amazing playlists to vibe to.
Fun fact: Alvin Allure is my fiancee 😉
Must Listen Music Mondays: Episode 1
Now, on to this week’s featured picks:
- Treat Me Like Fire – LION BABE: I came across LION BABE and absolutely fell in love with their sound. Not to mention the lead singer, Jillian Hervey, is gorgeous and her hair is on a whole other level. Might have something to do with the fact that she’s Vaness Williams daughter (*fun fact*).
2. Location – Khalid: I came across this song while listening to a random playlist on Google Play Music and was instantly drawn in by the catchy melody. I recently found out Khalid is only 18 years old, which blew my mind. He has such a soulful voice and this song has me wanting to check out more music from him.
3. Garden – Emeli Sandé feat. Jay Electronica: This another song that I came across on the same playlist. This caught my ears with the sexy vibe the song gives off. To me, this is the perfect song to play while putting on those final touches before heading out for date night with bae.
4. Black Beatles – Rae Sremmurd feat. Gucci Mane: Yes, you may have heard this song all up and down your timeline due to its association with the Mannequin Challenge. Although I’ve grown tired of the challenge, I just can’t get over this song. Not only is this song constantly stuck in my head, but I absolutely love singing along with the high-pitched ad libs. Just so you know, ad libs are pretty much my favorite part of any song.
5. Starboy – The Weeknd feat. Daft Punk – I’ve been a fan of The Weeknd since his very early days. I’m talking House of Balloons mixtape days. So, it’s been great to see the rise and popularity of The Weeknd over the past few years. I also love the sound of his latest album, Starboy, which includes this hit.
Well, that’s it for the first edition of Must Listen Music Mondays. Did you discover any new songs through this list? Were you already in love with any of these? What songs would you recommend I listen to?
Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
Thanks for reading!