I’ve been wanting to try a meatball recipe for a while and I finally got it together and went for it.
I loved this recipe because it was really inexpensive, easy to make, and made enough portions for leftovers.
Let me know if you try it out! I’d love to hear what you think and how you might have modified it to work for you.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 1 package ground turkey
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jar tomato sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Non-stick cooking spray
1. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium-high heat. Add chopped onions, celery, and bell peppers and saute 2-3 minutes or until tender.
2. In a large bowl, mix together remaining ingredients. Add in onions, celery, and bell peppers. Mix well.
3. Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray on medium-high heat (can be the same one used for sauteeing the veggies). Using an ice cream scooper or your hands, form the meat into golf ball-sized meatballs. Place meatballs on skillet.
4. Cook for 8-10 minutes until cooked thoroughly making sure to cook on both sides. Continue until all of the meat mixture is cooked.
5. Enjoy! I served this dish with mixed vegetables and garlic mashed potatoes.
Thanks for reading!